Feeds RSS

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Shopping and a Surprise Christmas Visit from the Parents

Hiii Friends!

Today's update includes a Christmas shopping mini haul and mouthwatering food photo! So my husband and I went to the mall today so I could finish up my shopping. He set me loose while he ran to best buy to look at movies, so I was able to pick up some fun things for him. I'll post on Christmas Night! I can't go into it because he does read my blogs but I got him some super fun things! I mayyyy have stopped at Sephora for one little thing of my own and It was a pretty successful trip! I became a V.I.B. at Sephora...Ugh that means I spend too much money there! So i got a cute little mirror and some coupons and a Silver Status VIB card. I also had just under 500 points on my current Beauty Insider card so I was able to pick up a free sample Kit of Amazing Grace by Philosophy which will be GREAT for travel. I actually bought an Amazing Grace kit as well it came in a cute little pouch which will be featured below. I bought the pouch because it had a really awesome body scrub in it and I need a good one for these long dry winter months. So all in all a good trip to the mall. I finished up my Christmas Shopping AND got some cool freebees.

Anddd last night my parents surprised me and came to visit for a few hours! They wanted to see us before Christmas and since we'll be spending Christmas here at home (they live 3 hours away) they wanted to make sure to see us before. So we exchanged gifts. I got my dad an AWESOME football mouse for his computer and I got my mom a Vera Bradley bag! They got me a Mickey and Minnie watch which is SOOO cute. You'll see it in my haul video which I'll be posting sometime this week over on my YouTube Channel. Anyways, it was a very nice mini Christmas with them. We went to a new steakhouse in town. It's a chain but it's new to Buffalo. Longhorn Steakhouse. It was BRILLIANT. The food was so good. We shared the Lobster/Shrimp Dip and it was different than expected but very good. I got a Bacon stuffed Filet and it was the most perfect steak! My Husband, Ben got a Sirloin with a Fried Egg on the top. His was good too, he let me try a taste! It was soooo yummy! They have an amazing white peach sangria too! Yum! I think we may have found a great middle of the road steakhouse to frequent. There is an amazing Steakhouse downtown but it's very pricey, like a $200 bill so we only go once a year or so if we have tickets to a show at Shea's or something. So it was pretty amazing and I'm so happy they came yesterday! It meant a lot to me because we wouldn't be able to see them until the middle of January.

Tomorrow is going to be almost stressfully (I know it's not a word) busy. I have to run out by myself to get some stocking presents for Ben, then he is going to be making mince pies and I'm going to be making chocolate chip cookies. We're combing my American traditions and his British traditions into our first married holiday this year. (If you didn't know already my husband is Welsh/British. He was born in Wales and grew up in England) It's going to be a pretty awesome first Christmas, we have plans to have a just the two of us party on Christmas eve, we have some special food we're going to make and we're going to exchange one present each and spend time w/ our dog Nala! Then on Christmas we are just going to do presents in the morning and have a big breakfast and some snacks throughout the day and for dinner we're making a ham and trying a new scallop potato recipe and green bean casserole. YUM!

I am still working on stuff for my YouTube channel. I will be doing Birch Box open box's and reviews. I also am going to be doing some weekly Vlogs, product reviews and maybe some packing videos. I will also be setting up a 2nd channel for my Disney Parade/Shows/Fireworks Videos and Concert Footage, or things like that. I promise I will put more time into that soon, but I do have a full time job so I only really have nights and weekends to dedicate to my work on Just Danielle and I did just get married so my husband I are still settling into married life but I PROMISE I will be dedicating some time to it soon! I am also working on my logo design and background designs for this blog. Gotta use that Graphic Design Degree for something!!

So with that, I guess it turned into a rather long blog haha, but have a VERY Merry Christmas if you celebrate or for those of you that don't Happy Holidays! I hope you enjoy this time with your families and with that here are some photos of this weekends shenanigans.
New Sore Leg/Muscle lotion...Love this Brand! It's what Disney uses in their hotels!

New Calvin Klein Wallet! It's awesome!

My DELICIOUS Steak and Mashed Potatos from Long Horn

My Husbands Fried Egg Steak! YUM!

Today's Christmas Shopping, and the result of Ben leaving me alone in the mall.

My Sephora Haul!

0 comments:

Post a Comment