Feeds RSS

Monday, January 21, 2013

Small Haul and Surprise but Secret Weekend getaway!

So this weekend I was able to spend some time with my parents and my In-Laws in Syracuse, NY. It was a great weekend. We spent the weekend with just our families. My husband and I did not tell anybody we were coming into town because it was a trip specifically to celebrate a milestone in my dads life! (We both grew up there and when spending weekends in town sometimes we get spread a little thin trying to fit in a weeks worth of visits into one weekend) It was also the start of Hockey Season and a good weekend to shop because it was FREEZING! We quietly came into town Friday night and spent the evening with my in-laws which is where we stayed. It was quite nice to be able to spend some time with them. Saturday we visited what is supposed to be this wonderful mall and trying to become the second biggest mall in America, Destiny USA. There were some pretty cool stores there, but honestly with the exception of the Disney Store there isn't much there that we don't already have here where we live but it was nice to walk around and see what is new. I can't go into the Disney store without buying something so I was able to pick up a Cinderella Journal and a Minnie Mouse Coffee Travel mug. Both are so very cute! Then I was able to stop by Saks off Fifth Ave and picked up some Tea Forte Chai Tea which i cannot wait to try. I love Chai and since it is like all of 10 degrees this week all week, i figure this will be a good week to try this tea! I will make an update to let you guys know what I think. After a wonderful weekend with my parents and my husbands parents we traveled home and since I didn't have to be anywhere today I hit the mall! I picked up some travel items for my upcoming trip to Disney, (I didn't photograph that because I've already got them put away in their respective travel cases.) I also picked up some make up setting spray by Urban Decay and an ELF travel pallet that include eye shadows, blushes and lip glosses. It will be GREAT for my carry on, to just freshen up and update my make up look while traveling. I'll probably put it in my carry on. I stopped at one of my favorite stores Lush and picked up Bubblegum lip scrub after seeing a great YouTube review on it, so far I love it, but that will be coming up in a product review blog within the next couple of weeks. So that was my shopping fun!


DestiNY USA!

My Haul!!
In other news, I do have the introduction video up on my YouTube page and I am working on Editing my packing video and and Ipsy openbag. I'm hoping to have both of them up before the end of the week. Also this month I plan on doing a couple of quick product reviews as well as a Birchbox open box, that should be arriving this week,  and in about three weeks be expecting a whats in my/how i pack my carry on and also a quick packing for Disney video. As you know I also have plans to start vlogging every 3-4 days with my husband and we're working on that together but as most of you know editing does take up a lot of time and with the marathon training and work and getting ready for this trip, it's something I really do want to to do but might be slow in starting until after Disney. I will be working on new material and coming up with new things for you guys and I do really appreciate your patience with me as I start getting everything up and running!

Have a good night everyone and Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment