Feeds RSS

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Excitement and Motivation

Hi Everyone,

I am super excited and I just had to share! After many months of contemplating I finally picked up a Naked pallet by Urban Decay! I got the just Naked one, not Naked too or Naked Basic (which was significantly less expensive) because I need a pallet with natural colors, in my current make up collection I have a LOT of purples and dark grey's even some shimmery blacks because that's always what I've been told would look good on my dark brown eyes, and with my black hair. I was finding that these colors though were too nighttime for me to use during the day. I wanted something a little bit more classic and beautiful for during the day, especially now that I want to start wearing more make up to work as it's in a location where beauty matters a little bit more than it did. So last night my husband and I went to the mall to walk off our delicious dinner and I couldn't help myself. After continuously hearing about this product on numerous beauty guru channel's I decided that it was time to take the plunge. It has 12 beautiful shades in it. They are: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal. Naked and Buck are Matte shades which are really good for an understated but still very sexy look, Virgin is not quite a matte, but not quite as shimmery as the rest of the shades. The shimmery shades are amazing too, they can really dress up your eye lid. Creep is a very very dark grey almost black that I think I may use as an eye liner and Gunmetal is just as the name indicates it's a gunmetal grey color that is very very pretty! It would be super chic for an evening look. The rest of the pallet includes a lot of golds and browns and they're just really lovely. It also came with a travel sized version of the Eyeshadow Primer potion which is a wonderful primer. I've used this before and it really prevents creasing and helps my eyeshadow to stay in place. I cannot wait to really start trying out these shades and creating some good looks with it, and once I do, I promise I'll post some pictures of the looks. Sephora has a way of drawing me in, I also was able to nab a Fresh Sugar on the go set! It comes with a Soy Face mask and a Sugar Lip Polish as well as a mascara, those items were almost free, because it came with a full size Fresh Sugar Berry tinted lip treatment which retails for $22.50 on its own! The whole set only cost me $28.50 so the other things only cost $5.00 for items that retail for WAY more! I was very excited for this purchase! So that was my excitement for last night!!!
Sephora SCORE (Plus a Free Sample)

Naked by Urban Decay

Beautiful colors!

The Eyeshadow Potion Primer




Now Onto the motivation part!  I think I've finally decided what I am going to do health and fitness wise. I am going to be changing gyms in the next few weeks or so, I've got to take a tour of the gym I am looking into but they offer classes and personal training and the best part is that their monthly price for JUST the membership including all the classes is the same price that I pay now for my monthly gym membership, It's just as close to my home as my current gym but it also offers me alternative locations that offer more classes and products if i so choose that are also within a pretty close proximity to my home now! As far as nutrition this is something I've been struggling with and I need to really work on changing, I stumbled across a plan called Tone It Up, which isn't a diet or a fad, it's just a plan that revolves around clean, healthy eating which is the direction I'd like to go. That's not say that when I am on vacation I won't splurge a little bit, but when I am home I want to make a dedicated effort to eat more cleanly and less processed foods, so I think this is a plan I can follow and customize to meet my needs. It's a pretty hefty investment but it's less expensive than Weight Watchers which was the other plan I was following, but I realized that WW might not be the best for me because if I don't change the way I eat then when I stop doing it I will fall into the same pattern of indulgence. So those are my plans. I have 6 weeks until the marathon in which I don't feel completely physically prepared for but 6 weeks is a lot of time, so I will be dedicating a lot of my time in these next 6 weeks to building up a little bit more stamina and just mentally preparing myself for my first race! This is something I'm very invested in and something eventually I'd like to continue doing as well as building up the stamina/speed to do another Disney race at the end of the year but actually be able to exceed the pacing requirements rather than just meet them which is where I'm at now. I have my training outfit composed of the same things I'll be wearing at the marathon, just different colors so I know how they will feel. I will post a picture of my race day outfit on race day! It encompasses all of the princess in a unique way, but for now you can see my practice outfit...No make up was just about to run......Don't Judge!
runDisney in Training! This is my training outfit!

I won't be neglecting you guys either in my marathon prep. Actually I have some fun things in the works as mentioned in my last blog, but I'm almost ready to go live on my YouTube Channel, Just a couple more bugs to work out. I plan to have my first video up by Tuesday at the latest. Friday I am taking a weekend trip with my husband and our dog so I do plan on filming a bit of that as well as a weekend trip packing video! So those are some of the things i have in the works for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment